The Holidays are the perfect time to whip out old recipes and bake your heart out. From brownies to cakes to cookies, there are tons of different baked goods flying around everywhere. This season do something new and try out this recipe for the classic chocolate chip cookie. Decorate your cookies after they cool with edible glitter gels and frosting.
½ cup of sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla extract
A stick of butter
1 tsp of milk
¼ cup of shortening
3 handfuls of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a mixing bowl and pour 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour, ½ cup of sugar, 2 tsp of baking powder, and 1 tsp of baking soda into the bowl.
- Mix those ingredients together.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract and whisk what is in the bowl.
- Add 1 stick of butter and 1 egg and then begin to knead the dough.
- Pour 1 tsp of milk into the bowl and knead the milk into the dough.
- Put ¼ cup of shortening in the mix and knead the dough
- Knead 3 handfuls of chocolate chips into the dough.
- Place small balls of the dough on a cookie sheet and for the holiday effect use cookie cutters to shape the dough.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool when done for at least 5 minutes before beginning to decorate.